An issue has been discovered in Online Competitions. If you use the same Nintendo Account to participate in an Online Competition with Battle Teams from both Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, having both teams locked simultaneously will prevent the first Battle Team from participating.
Due to this issue, players wishing to use the same Nintendo Account to participate in an Online Competition with both game versions should do the following.
- Enter the Online Competition with both game versions.
- Lock the Battle Team for only one game version.
- Compete in battles with that team.
- If you determine you no longer wish to battle with that team, lock the Battle Team for the other game version.
- Compete in battles with that other team.
As an additional measure to address this issue, we have removed the previous daily limit of 45 battles and instead made 45 battles the overall limit for the whole competition.
Note: The text in-game will still state a limit of 45 battles per day, but this is incorrect.
We are continuing to investigate the cause behind this issue and plan to update when a solution has been found. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.